Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Three Year Plan

I am putting myself on what I like to call the "3 year plan." You know how when you get your credit card statements, it shows what you will pay in interest and the total if you only make the minimum payment? And below that it shows you what you could pay a month to pay off the card in three years? That is what I am doing.

I am going to cut the cards (ouch!) and stop using them. I am also going to have to stay the Hell away from Target. I think it's almost to the point of being in need of an intervention.

I need to do this now to prepare for our future. I feel confident that I can so this. It coincides with the time that Nathaniel will go to Kindergarten. Imagine being debt free the same time you stop paying for daycare! What we will do with the extra money???

We have already made a plan for Christmas. During September, October and November, we will both put aside $200. That will give us $1200 for Christmas, which is more than sufficient for all our familes, Nathaniel's teachers, and food for Christmas dinner. This way, we (I) won't have to use the credit cards.

Hoping that I can be successful in this new venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment