Friday, August 12, 2011

A Lot of Randoms

So, where to begin? I took Nathaniel back to daycare last week, and as I posted, I felt really guilty. He got scratched bad his first day back and Pat and I were livid. So he is now going to a new school 3 days a week and is in the daycare 2 days a week. He's only staying there until I can get him in full time at the new place. I never felt that our provider didn't keep him safe enough, but it happened at least once a week (a bite, hitting, or scratch) and enough was enough for us. It certainly wasn't how we thought it would go, but it is what it is. N is happy at the new place, I just worry that I've traded once biter for 20.

I am starting a new school year myself. Yes, already. School starts Monday and I am actually in my classroom now, having lunch, waiting for the afternoon meetings to start. Yesterday was very difficult for me. I could NOT stay awake during the meetings and such. I really missed my nap. I am doing ok right now, but I guarantee I am taking a nap tomorrow!!!

I have also discovered that the Meatball subs from Subway do not taste good on the honey oat bread. Feeling a little disappointed by that one.

I am trying to make plans (meal plans) for next week, since I will be dog tired. Pat is off Monday, which will help a lot. I told him he had to make dinner that night. So we'll either have peanut butter and jelly or we'll go out. I am really hoping we go out. I want to really strive towards a goal of 25 pounds lost. Just 25. I'll worry about the rest later. I just want to lose 25. Of course, that means no more meatball subs, but I can get other subs made into a salad. So keep reading for updates on that 25 pound goal.

What else? I am kinda looking forward to the next school year (the one that has started for us teachers). I just have that fresh new school year feeling. The one that you just feel so full of hope and excitement. I didn't have that last year or the year before, so I am happy that I feel this way again.

I guess I just feel like everything is coming together for us. And for me. There is a lot of uncertainty that has been settled, and that's a great feeling. So long as I can get my health issues together (again, no more meatball subs) everything else should be gravy. (Mmm, gravy...)

It's gonna be an exciting next year!

1 comment:

  1. Sitting here laughing out loud (and now craving meatball subs...thanks a lot!!)

    ReplyDelete