Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bitter

A friend announced on facebook yesterday that she's expecting her third child. WHile I love my son and am happy that we have our one perfect child, I can't help but be sad and bitter (and jealous!) about this. Maybe because everything is so up in the air right now. Maybe it's the PMS. But I think that most likely it's because my due date is quickly approaching for the one I lost in March.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy for the friend and I do not begrudge anyone their own happiness, but today it just stings a little.

Edited at 11:10 to add: An online "friend" just announced her pregnancy. I only know this woman as an internet stranger that frequents the same forums that I do. I am beyond thrilled for her, and not one ounce of bitterness or jealousy. This is her first, after many years of infertility and trying. She was scheduled for an IVF in Octeober, but managed a Hail Mary. I do not know anything about her other than her strugles, but I feel complete and total joy for her.

(The other person already has two kids. Still jealous and bitter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment