Thursday, September 29, 2011

Feeling Down

Today was Nathaniel's last day with the babysitter who he has been with since he was 12 weeks old. I am really sad about that. We really loved her, we just didn't want him to get hurt by the other little girl there anymore.

So I picked him up today, and we were all crying. Then she tells me that she's never had anyone leave her daycae unhappy. That made me feel like shit. It's not that we are unhappy, we just want what's best for Nathaniel. I am truly happy with the decision we made to send him to school. I never intended to hurt her (the babysitter) or anyone else for that matter, but I have to take care of my son.

I was crying so hard when I was there, picking him up. I kept telling myself that it would all be over soon, and that I would get through it and I did. But why do I feel so terrible then? I know that right after we left she went into the kitchen and cried, so that the other kids wouldn't see her.

If we were to ever have another child (ha ha) then I would not hesitate to have her care for that one too. I already recommended her to a colleague who is getting married next week, telling her that when she and her hubs to be are ready, the babysitter is great. I am hoping that I don't feel sad much longer. Nathaniel's teachers at school love him so much too, and he does get a lot of attention there. One of his teachers told me he was her favorite, and made no attempt to hide it.

I know it will all work out in the end, I just want to feel like the right decision was made.

2 comments:

  1. You did the right thing. If I was the babysitter, I would have told the Mother of the child that's going around biting the kids she must do something about her daughter or she won't watch her anymore. That's not a great environment for other kids having one going around and biting. The human mouth has the most bacteria and it's just a bad situation all around.

    You did the right thing. Don't worry. You always have your son's best interests, don't ever feel bad for doing what's best for him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did the right thing. Her comment about no one ever leaving her unhappy was about HER and her hurt pride. I know she is a good person but in the simplest terms, she chose that other child over your son and keeping him safe. She made you feel guilty and that is why you are down. Please put the feelings back on her and free yourself. You took care of your son and that is what you always do.

    ReplyDelete