Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Break

Well, today is Wednesday (I think... I am pretty sure it is...) so I have been on break for three days now. I've done nothing. And enjoyed almost every minute of it.

I've been sending Nathaniel to school this week, since his party isn't until Friday and I have to pay for daycare anyway. I've gotten all the presents wrapped and baked a lot of cookies.

But I haven't done any laundry and I haven't cleaned anything. I haven't finished shopping, although I only have to get something for Pat and my mom. (Pretty sure Pat hasn't bought a thing.)

My blood sugar has been pretty good, even though I am at home. Normally, it's not good when I'm at home. I've been trying my best though. And I've discovered that Jewel brand hash brown patties are the closest thing to heaven that I'm going to find on this planet. Oh so yummy!!!!

On a completely unrelated note, Nathaniel is wearing "nite-nite underwear" to bed. Yeah, they're pull-ups. He gets one box from Costco. He has 81 nights left. We are going diaper free when we run out, and there's only 9 left, so definitely by Friday. Excited for my little boy. He understands that he's got to go on the potty if there's no diapers, so I am hoping that he will do well. I really want him potty trained with a few months under his belt before the new baby comes.

So I guess that's about all. I have two doctor appointments this week, one at UIC and the other with the endocrinologist. Friday will be baby update time, so I will do that after my appointment.

Very much looking forward to Christmas, which is just 4 days away. For Christmas eve, we are going to my younger sister's house. I hope there's not a lot of smokers there, actively smoking in my face. I fucking hate that. But it should still be a good time. We are going around 3:30, because I need to eat at 4:30 to 5.

During the day, my mom is coming over here to help me get ready for Christmas dinner. She is also making the turkey and stuffing (oh, how I love her stuffing!). I can't even look at raw poultry without running for the toilet, so I am really glad she agreed to do it!

But that reminds me I have to email my older sister and ask her how to make the gravy.

SO I guess I still have a lot to do, but very little time left to do it. I hope to find my motivation soon, at least before Christmas day.

Oh! Nathaneil has been asking Santa for Rock and roll Mickey, and I know that Santa got it for him, so we are planning to have that be the last present he opens. I am hoping that I can find a way to put the video of it in here, to share with everyone. At the very least, there will be pictures. He has been asking for this thing since before Halloween, so I am pretty sure he will be excited to see it. Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment