Friday, April 20, 2012

29 weeks- Acorn Squash

Holy shit!!! 10 weeks at most to go until she's here. I really feel like the time is going by fast. I also find it hard to believe that I've been on bed rest for a month already.

I am hoping for a delivery on June 25th, which would be 38 weeks and 3 days. It's a Monday, after Nathaniel's birthday party, and coincidentally, the exact same gestational day that N was born. I'd be home before his actual birthday, so I could spend it with him, which is quite importnant to me. I know he won't remember that I wasn't home (if I was at the hospital or whatever) but I'd know.

Anyway, here's what's going on inside this week.

You’re probably already getting a little preview of baby’s personality, the more your feel him move. You might get some playful kicks and jabs, and start to feel little hiccups, too! At 29 weeks, he’s not just moving a lot, he’s also plumping up. And as he continues to put pressure on your digestive system, you’re going to feel the effects: hemorrhoids, heartburn, pelvic pain and frequent urination are all common at this stage in the game. Week 29 is a good time to start finalizing stuff, like stocking the nursery with baby care essentials and checking out a few potential day cares. You’ll also want to start packing a few things you know you’ll want with you at the hospital at baby’s birth. Leave it by the door, so you can add stuff you think of along the way -- and so you can grab it at a moment’s notice.

Your baby's the size of an acorn squash!

Baby already measures about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long. Right now, we weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds but he's still got a ways to go -- can you believe he'll triple in weight before birth?

your baby at 29 weeks

He's getting a little cramped in there, since he's growing so fast. But you probably already realize that, since you're getting all those jabs and kicks.

He's growing white fat deposits under his skin, and his energy is surging because of it. Feel a subtle twitch? It might be baby hiccupping

No comments:

Post a Comment