Friday, April 27, 2012

30 weeks- cucumber

We've made it to 30 weeks. I am in shock still. 5 weeks ago, I didn't think we'd get here. Hell, three days ago, I didn't think we'd get here, but here we are, 75% done. SEVENTY-FIVE PER CENT. I don't think that there's anyone who can exactly relate to this feeling of accomplishemnt and overwhelming love unless they've had this scare. I'm speaking of course about the bed rest, the fear of having a micro-preemie and all the other fears that go along with that. But Veronica is doing incredibly well.

Yesterday, I had a growth scan done at UIC, to measure how big or small Veronica is, and to see if my diabetes was affecting her and how much. At 29 weeks, 6 days gestastion, she weighs 2 pounds, 13 ounces. To appreciate this fully, you have to know that at 30 weeks 1 day, Nathaniel measured 3 pounds exactly. So my overwall weight gain (which is a lot more than it was with N) hasn't had any negative effects on her.

I can't begin to describe how much I love this little girl. I don't think there are words for that. And even fewer for me, as I am no poet. I just hope that someday, she will know how much we love her and how mcuh we fought for her.

Here's what's going on inside this week, according to the bump.

At 30 weeks, your belly’s doing more than just making it tough to find a comfortable sleeping position. It’s made itself a conversation piece. Everywhere you go, someone seems to have a comment about your physical appearance, which isn’t always so fun. And no doubt, you’ve encountered quite a few people who don’t think before they speak and say something embarrassing or hurtful (what’s up with that?) Try not to take those comments seriously, but know which ones should be taken to heart. Like when they tell you you’re glowing, believe them! And take advantage of some of the perks (when someone offers you their seat on the train -- take it!) At week 30, your dreams might be getting even weirder -- if you’re actually sleeping, that is. That could be a result of anxiety, so consider doing some prep work to help you rest easier. One idea? Do a test drive to see exactly how long it really takes you to get to the hospital. Then maybe you’ll stop having nightmares about giving birth in your car.

Your baby's the size of a cucumber!

Your 15.2- to 16.7-inch, 2.5- to 3.8-pound baby continues to grow. your baby at 30 weeks

His skin is getting smoother. But his brain is getting wrinklier -- to make way for all that essential brain tissue. He's now strong enough to grasp a finger!

No comments:

Post a Comment