Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bubble up pizza and more

So yesterday, I had planned to make brown sugar chicken. When I got home, the chicken wasn't fully defrosted, so I had to go with someting else. Since i had everything I need for the month, I pulled out stuff that didn't need to be defrosted. I went with the bubble up pizza.

I love this recipe for several reasons. One, it's cheap. Two, it's super easy. Three, I have an awesome soux chef who loves to help with the prep work. Before I forget, here's the recipe. http://pinterest.com/pin/96686723222520352/
It takes like 5 minutes to put together. Cutting the biscuits takes the longest, except when I have Nathaniel cut up the pepperoni. We tried a knife, a pair of scissors, and finally settled on him tearing it into pieces. (He needs help wit his fine motor skills, so I figured we practice while cooking together.) He doesn't like it as much as regualr pizza and told me he didn't want to eat it.

For once, I was fine with that. I made him some pasta and made the pizza for Pat and I. I put in minced garlic, pepperoni and onion. I also used a shit ton of cheese. No really. On the side of the package it said "shit ton."

ANyway, I baked it up and Pat and I had it for dinner and I had some for lunch and still have half a pan left. Lunch tomorrow is served! Especially since we were really hungry tonight and have no leftovers. Brown sugar chicken and cheesy corn casserole.

Speaking of the corn casserole, It tasted pretty good reheated after being frozen. Nathaniel liked it when we had it the other day (when I made it) but he didn't like it tonight. That's ok though. He ate all his carrots. ;) Tomorrow is another new recipe... crock pot beef and broccoli. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment