Monday, March 11, 2013

Pork chops, crack potatoes and green beans

So I was planning on making pork chops, crack potatoes and green beans for dinner tonight, but I think that might change a little. I have the green beans and a leftover pan on the potatoes (I found the recipe on pinterest and it made 3 pans from one recipe). But I might change the pork chops.

I was scouting out my pinterest this morning or last night, I'm not sure now which it was. ANyway, I found a recipe for parmesan gralic chicken. It had just 4 ingredients- parm cheese, garlic powder and a packet of Italian dressing mix and chicken. Well, I have all of those in the house, but I will try it out on the pork chops.

The chops I bought last week, the day before the sell by date and got $3.00 off the package. They cost $2.64. Yeah, they're bone in, which I don't like, but I can cut the bone out to save that much (on pork chops anyway. Not on chicken. Yuck!) The parm cheese will cost about 35 cents worth and the rest of the stuff for dinner I already had on hand. So sinner tonight will cost $3.00.

I know, right? 3 bucks! To feed three people! Even if I added the price for the other stuff, it would come up to about $6.00 for the potatoes, beans and chops. I am thrilled with how this is going. I will write tomorrow and review the chops, but if you read this and follow me on Pinterest, the review will be up tonight, on my "Pin there, done that" board. (Cute name, isn't it? IT's the things I've done or made. Tee hee.)

1 comment:

  1. I would love it if you would post links to your recipes. Good for you! Sounds like you are really getting it together with this. That is awesome. You inspired me to pull out my freezer cookbook.

    ReplyDelete