Friday, May 11, 2012

32 weeks- squash

Well, here we are at 32 weeks, still unscheduled for Veronica's arrival. I am seeing Dr. A next week, on Wednesday, and am really hoping that we will FINALLY get a date for the c-section. I am just so done and can't waait for it to be over. I know that around Christmas, when I am sleeping again, and not quite a functional zombie, that I may miss this time that I have... being the only one spending time with Veronica. But for right now, I am ready.

When I told this to the doctor on Wednesday, she told me I was too early to be done. I felt really defeated after that. I don't want Veronica to be born prematurely, but I am done, dammit, and to invalidate my feelings like that really just took a toll on me. I felt like shit the rest of the day and most of the day yesterday.

Here's the scary thing: in 5 short weeks, she will be full term. That's only 35 more days. I can wait another month, right? I think that once I have the "end date" set, I will feel more able to deal with the waiting time. Because, in all honesty, Dr. A. could look at me and tell me that because of XYZ, he's going to do the c/s at 37 weeks. If he tells me that nect week at the appointment, that will mean waiting just over 4 weeks. That's what keeps me going. Knowing that I have 7 weeks left at most.

SO here's what's going on inside this week.

At 32 weeks, baby’s birth still seems kind of far away, but you and baby are physically ready in a lot of ways, just in case there’s an early arrival. Baby may have turned so she’s in the head-down position by now, poised for her trip down the birth canal. And you may have noticed your nipples looking darker. That’s so a preemie can see them for breastfeeding -- isn't your body so amazing? Intensity might be building in the symptoms department, as heartburn and contractions intensify around week 32. But we’re guessing you’re so excited about baby’s impending arrival, they’re not slowing you down much.

Your baby's the size of a squash! Still growing, your baby weighs in at about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds and measures about 15.2 to 16.7 inches.

She's getting ready for her descent -- she's likely in the head-down position now. And she's probably feeling a even more cramped

No comments:

Post a Comment