Saturday, May 19, 2012

33 weeks- Durian Fruit

Nope, I don't know what the hell a durian fruit is. All I know is that it stinks to high heaven (explainng the gas lately) but is supposed to taste wonderful. I think 'll pass anyway.

It has been an eventful week. I went to see Dr. A. on Wednesday. I haven't seen him in quite a while, so it was nice to see him again. I talked with him for quite a while about what's been going on, and about my itchy spots, and about how much I hate the home health care place, and how badly I wanted to schedueld Veronica's c-section. Well, we took care of one of the three. Her c-section is scheduled for June 29th!!!! The day after Nathaniel's birthday. I was so relieved that I didn't have to reschedule his party and that I won't miss his birthday by being in the hospital. (It has been such a huge relief to know when my end date will be that my BP has even come back down a bit since then.) After I was done seeing him and had an NST, which the doc had to do himself because she was moving around so much, I went out and scheduled ALL my appointments until delivery day! I will go every Wednesday to see Dr. A. and then every Saturday to the hospital for a BPP and NST.

SO next week, I go to See Dr. A on Wednesday, UIC on Thursday, and then to the hospital on Saturday. I might only have to go to UIC one more time. What a relief that would be! I have 12 doctor appointments to go until she's born. Just 41 more days to go! I think we're pretty much ready. Nathaniel is sleeping in his own bed at night and his car seat is on the left side of the car now. I have to go get the infant carrier out of the basement and have Pat install it, but the crib is done and we have diapers and bottles (no formula yet, so I have to get some on payday).

I also went to school this week to pack up my classroom. (well, ok, my stuff.) It was nice to see everyone. One of my students saw me in the halyway and went back in the lunchroom and told them I was there. They started screaming! Appaerntly, I've been missed. It was also really good to get to talk to everyone again. But damn, did I come home exhausted! I took a nap when I got home, and then another short one after dinner. SLept all night that night and pretty much all morning Friday morning. Of course, Nathaniel chose Friday night to act like a 3 year old and be a stinker. It was rough, but we did get through it.

So anyway, here's what's going on this week. 41 more days to go.

We’d tell you to take a deep breath and relax, but it’s probably tough to do either of those at 33 weeks. It’s probably tough to be comfortable at all, since you might be feeling overheated on top of your other symptoms, too. But you’re probably getting super excited to meet baby, and we can’t blame you. Week 33 is a good time to make sure you have a safe car seat for baby -- go ahead and install it already. Sure, you might not see baby for another month, but if you have an early surprise arrival, that’s the one thing you really need to have ready.

Your baby's the size of a durian! He weighs about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches. And he may grow up to a full inch this week -- amazing. >BR>
He's keeping his eyes open while awake. He's also starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. His bones are hardening. And he going through (more) major brain development -- that's one smart baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment