Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sick of Eating Eggs

So, every morning since the beginning of November, I have had eggs for breakfast. Why? you may ask. Because they don't drive up my blood sugar. (Insulin resistance during pregnancy is hardest to control in the morning, due to the build up of hormones whilst sleeping.)

I am so sick and tired of eating eggs. I swear to God that after this baby is born, it will be a long damn time before I eat them again. Now, obviously it's not the only thing that I can eat. It's just that they're quick, easy and cheap. Plus, I can share them with Nathaniel, so he has a little bit to eat before he goes to school. (He does eat breafast there.)

I really need to find some low carb options for breakfast that doesn't include cheeseburgers. Or fruit. Because sadly, fruit will raise my sugars too high.

As I sit here typing this, I am reminded that I made a huge crock pot of chili last night. I guess I could have a bowl of that for breakfast. I am trying my best to eat healthily, but it doesn't always work out that way.

And speaking of not healthy, we went out for breakfast as we normally do on Sunday mornings. I normally get the Denver omlette with cheese. But I just couldn't do the eggs. (It even made me a little sick to look at Pat's plate of eggs.) I ordered strawberry crepes. They were probably some of the worst crepes I have ever had, but OMG did they taste good!!!

Anyway, off to find some news ideas for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment