Friday, June 22, 2012

38 weeks- Pumpkin

Holy fuck, there's a pumpkin inside my belly!!!

Actually, that explains a lot. What a week it's been. Tuesday night, I had some bad pains in my right side, but didn't do anything because I was going to the doctor on Wednesday morning, as usual. I got there, and they hooked me up to the NST machine, but I was hurting really bad so they sent me to the hospital to get checked out.

I had another BPP of Veronica, and she was doing well, and then they did an u/s of my liver, gall bladder, kidney and pancreas. Everything looked normal on the u/s. It wasn't her feet casing the pain, because I was in pain when she wasn't moving them. I was sent up to labor and delivery to be monitored there.

Once again, I was hooked up to the NST machine, but I was just there. For three hours I was there. Around 3:30, they decided to keep me overnight for observations. At this point, Pat was already on his way to the hospital, and my mom had already picked Nathaniel up from school. My pain was subsiding, but I wanted to know what the heck was going on.

I was transferred to an LDR room, and started a 24 hour pee catch. I also had an IV lock put in (in case I needed the IV) and they took 8 vials of blood. 8!!! I was given dinner at 5:15 and scarfed it down in record time. Unfortunately, since I hadn't eaten since 8 am, it made me sick. I ate too fast. I will try to remember that come next Saturday night, when I should be able to eat after the c/s. They tested my blood sugar at 7:30 and asked how my pain was. I told them it was pretty much gone. The nurses called Dr. A. with my lab work results, blood sugar, and pain level (when I went in it was 6 to7 on a 1-10 scale). At 8:30ish, the nurse came in and said that I could go home if I wanted to, since the pain was gone and the labs looked good. I was quite pleased to go home, even if it was with Veronica still inside. I was really ready to have her out, though, I can tell you that.

So home we went, to find Nathaniel wide awake and jumping all over the place (thanks, Grandma), but happy to see him. I really missed him when I Was in the hospital. I don't know how I will actually do it when I will be gone for three days! But he was really excited to see us too.

So, long story short (too late) they couldn't figure out what was giving me so much pain. And I went home, for the second time, without an outside baby. I have to wait until Friday the 29th after all. It's just one more week, so I think we can make it. It will be kinda cool for my kids to have back to back birthdays, so we'll focus on that. Tomorrow will be N's birthday party (after another trip to the hospital for monitoring, like I do every Saturday), and then Wednesday's appointment with Dr. A. 7 more days!!!

SO here's what's going on inside this week.

Yow! If you feel a sort of lightening bolt running up and down your legs (and in your crotch), don’t freak out. At 38 weeks, baby’s probably sitting pretty low in your pelvis, which means he’s bumping into all kinds of nerves down there -- including some pretty sensitive ones you might not know you had. Be on the lookout for signs of labor, including contractions that come on stronger, at more regular intervals, and the “bloody show.” It could happen any day now -- or it might not be for a few weeks. Until then, try to relax.

Your baby's the size of a pumpkin! Baby is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. Her head is now about the same circumference as her abdomen.

She may have about an inch or so of hair already. She's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth

No comments:

Post a Comment