Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ketchup

OK, technically, catch up, but ketchup sounds good right now. I am going to try to catch up on stuff that's been going on for the past few weeks, but my mind is not what it used to be and I'm pretty sure there will be some back and forth going from thing to thing, with some holes thrown in there for good measure.

After my growth scan at UIC, in which Veronica measured 4 pounds 11 ounces, I started going for twice weekly NSTs and BPPs with Dr. A. During my first one, everything was fine. I didn't write down the measurements that they said she was, but whatever. I went the next week and at the u/s ,the tech asked if I had any fluid issues. I told her at one point it was low, but she said that now it was high, and that she was weighing 3006 grams. (about 6 and a half pounds.) So of course, I freak out and want to talk to the doctor about it.

When I talked with Dr. A. about it, he said that there are so many things that could make the numbers off, and that she should be a bigger baby because of the diabetes. I was worried because that was the same size Nathaniel was when he was born! I don't want her to be a fat girl. all I know of life is being a fat girl and I don't want that for her.

Well, I went back the next week and my fluid was still high. But she is now headdown, which was surprising, since Nathaniel didn't do that until 38 weeks. Yeah, it's not comfortable, in case you're wondering. It, in fact, really fucking hurts. She also measured at 2948g, with a margin of error of 489g. That means she weighs between 5.5 and 7.7 pounds. Hopefully closer to the 5 than the 7, but at this point, it is what it is. I will be measured again this Saturday, and that should give me a good idea of what she'll weigh at birth. (I'll have one more other than this week before she's born.)

But I got some super good news today. I am officially done with bed rest! I will be full term on Friday (2 days) and the doctors won't do anything to stop labor, so it's all good to go. The c/s is scheduled for June 29th, which is just 16 days from now. I really can't wait for this part of mey life to be over. I want her to get here and be happy and healthy, whenever that might be in the next 16 days. So I think this is just about all. I know there's been a lot more, but I just can't think anymore and I am a bit tired.

Getting off bed rest makes me very happy, but now I have to work on building my stamina again. I haven't walked around in a long time, longer than a fwe minutes, so it's going to tkae a whiloe to get back there. I want to get up and walk as much as I can, so that after she's born, I can be up and around. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment