Monday, July 25, 2011

Beginnings and Endings

Today was a really good day for me. I feel like I've accomplished something great... passed a milestone of sorts. My dear friend came to visit me today and brought her adorable baby boy with her. Since her little guy was born at the end of June, just like my Nathaniel, I offered her his gently used clothing.

When I first had the idea, I was sure that I wanted to get rid of it. When she accepted the offer, I wasn't as sure. I had to go through the boxes of clothes, because I knew there were outfits that I wanted to keep. Going through those boxes was so difficult. More than I thought it would be.

But, today, as she went through the boxes, all the memories of where we had gone and who gave them to Nathaniel came rushing back. And I was happy. Yes. HAPPY. Was that why I was holding on to everything. (And seriously, everything. There were 14 boxes of clothes from 0-3 months to 12 months.)

So it was symbollically the ending of Nathaniel's babyhood and the ending of my clinging to it. But it was the beginning of a new life for those clothes, and others can appreciate them.

* There was going to be much more to this entry, but I started it on Monday and it's now Wednesday and I don't remember what else I was going to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment