Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Searching For More

I am no fool. I know that God has blessed me many times over. More than I deserve, in fact. So why I am searching for more? Why is it that I don't feel like I'm enough? Why do I feel like I'm not doing enough??

I know that when I come home after a long day of work, I have another long day of work ahead of me (until he's sound asleep). I wouldn't change that for anything! It truly is the best part of my day, until the morning comes and I get the sleepy smile with the "Hi, Mommy!"

But something seems to be missing lately. I don't know what it is.

I go shopping, thinking that it will keep me for a while... you know, fill the void with "stuff."

I eat, and we all know how that turns out for me.

I try to do good for others. I am getting ready to go Christmas shopping for other people so that they can be happy. If I can make one kid happy this holiday, will that be enough for me?

If I buy a ton of food (and by ton, I mean a lot, not 2,000 pounds) for our food drive at school, will that be enough for me?

What is at the core of me that is just out of my reach? When will I accomplish all that I set out to do? When will enough be enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment