Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Half Day Off

So yesterday, Pat decides that he's going to take his Mom and Nathaniel to see (meet) his Uncle Jack, who lives on the north side. They left a little after 1, and it's now after 5. I've had the whole afternoon to myself, and I've done NOTHING!

And it was great.

Actually, I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, went to Target and looked at some more baby stuff, and then got some lunch. Came back home and ate, then took a nice, long, hot shower. It was probably one of the best showers I've had in the last three years.

I am going to miss free time. Come the end of June, it will be a long time until i have time to myself again. What, another three years? I know it won't be that long, but it will feel like it.

Unlike a lot of women, I hated the newborn phase. I had a really hard time with everything. I am hopeful that it won't be like it this time, since I know a little more about what to exoect, and I know what to look for in post-partum depression.

I had it bad with Nathaniel and hid it well. Very well apparently. Only Pat really knew, because I couldn't hide it from him.

So I guess I had better do something more constructive with the time I've got left. There's a whole list of things I want to do before the baby is born, but I am not sure how much of it will get done. Once I am off school, I will have more time to take care of these things. Nathaniel will be in school three days a week, but at least two of these days I will be at the doctor.

I know it will all work out in the end, but only if I work at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment