Monday, January 2, 2012

Vacation

I have been wanting to get away for a while. There has been so much on my mind lately... so much more than I can write here. SO, although we completely and totally could NOT afford to do so, Pat, Nathaniel and I checked into a hotel last night. Not that we went far or anything. We stayed at the hotel that Pat and I had our reception. We got there a little after 4 pm and by 4:45, we were in the pool.

Nathaniel had a blast!!! He was jumping in the pool (into our arms, of course) and splashing us like crazy! As we enjoyed the warm pool, we looked outside and saw that it was snowing. It was really fun to be swimming, watching snow swirl around outside.

We swam until 5:45ish, and then got out to go to dinner. I love going to Allgauer's for dinner. Their food is so good. (It's in the hotel, which was great. As I mentioned, it was snowing and therefore cold.) We called Pat's sister, Marci, to come swim with us, since she's home from school on winter break. She came while we were having dinner, and then we went swimming again.

Nathaniel was none too keen on putting on a cold, wet swimsuit, but he was quite happy when we got back downstairs. We swam again for about another hour, but I was miserable and couldn't get warm even in the water. So I got out and wrapped a huge towel around myself.

The only downside was that the first time we were in the pool. Pat's job caled and told him he needed to be in at 9 this morning. (Instead of working overnight.) I was so bummed because we were really looking forward to a lazy morning and sleeping in. But it all worked out.

We got up this morning around 7 and then had breakfast (again in the hotel restaurant. I got the bed and breakfast price when I booked the hotel.) The food was again just awesome. I had an omlette and some sausage and bacon. Even had a buscuit and gravy, but they were not as good as I was hoping and it made my blood sugar really high. SO I won't be having that again.

All in all, we had a fantastic time though. On a side note, Nathaniel was absolutely exhausted by his vacation. He fell asleep for his nap about 12:30 this afternoon, and despite the numerous times I woke him up, he sleot until nearly 5:30!!!

It was a great way to end our Christmas break!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment