Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just Chillin'

I am just sitting here, in my living room, thankful to be home. I get to spend the afternoon and early evenings with one of the coolest people on the planet, my son. To think that just by playing with him, I am shaping him into the man he will be in the future makes my heart sing.

I'm not saying that I don't get tired of playing the same games over and over, and I can't lie and say that I don't get frustrated with him at times, but I am just so happy that I get to be with him.

All his new accomplishments are incredible. We get to talk about his day, what he did in school, and if he was naughty or not. ("I not naughty Momma" I hear every day.) I tend to believe him on that.

I know that my time for enjoying this kind of evening is limited, and that makes me sad. I know that it will take a while before we settle into our new routine. I just hope that we all make it through unscathed.

Now, that said, I have to type this out. I have a secret. On Saturday, Pat and I are going for an elective ultrasound called a "gender peek." Yes, instead of waiting until Feb, 23rd, we're going to find out Saturday!!! But, just as awesome, we invitrd my mom, but haven't told her where we're going or why! (So if you read this please don't say anything to her. I want her to be completely surprised.) So, look for a gender reveal entry this week along with a week 18 update.

And one more thing... this baby is a-rockin' and a-rollin' in there!

2 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! I can start sewing on Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you didnt tell me your mom was going, that is sooo awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete