Saturday, May 28, 2011

Feeling So Much Better!

After having had a few really trying days in a row, I am feeling so much better. I don't know what it was. Maybe because I ate food that I made. (Haven't done that in a while.) Maybe it was the water I drank. Maybe it was just because it was Saturday. Who cares?!?!?!? I am feeling better.

For dinner, I was going to make stuffed peppers. I went to the fridge to get the peppers and noticed that one had already turned bad. I threw all three of them out, and then thought "What am I going to make now?" It dawned on me that I had tri-color pepper strips in the freezer. I made the rice, ground beef, and mixed it all up with the pepper strips. Took it all and added the tomato soup and put it in a casserole dish. It looked a little dry, so I added a little tomato sauce to it and sprinkled parmesean cheese in it and on top of it, and baked it for about 30 minutes. It was so good!

I also made a pan of brownies for Pat and Nathaniel. He (Nathaniel) was so adamant about having another brownie when he finished the one I gave him. It amazes me how well he can put sentences together when he really wants something. Not that he doesn't speak well already, but he really articulates his needs when he wants something.

Earlier today, we were playing "Ring around the rosy." After I had fallen down he demanded that I get back up and do it again. I mean, he was pulling me by the shoulder and sayiong "get up, Mama. Do it again." And then when Pat joined in, he was really excited! He kept telling us we were funny.

It was the best day I've had in a long time. I hope that there are many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment