Thursday, March 31, 2011

Just had to note the day

My angel pie is so wondrously sweet. I had such a crappy day (even though I am now 1/2 way through the make-up to school for two weeks goal) and I just wanted to go to bed when I got home. I knew that wouldn't happen. To sum up the afternoon, Nathaniel went to bed about an hour later than he normally does. When that happens, it takes longer for him to go down, because he's over tired.

Anyway, on the 4th time putting him back in his bed, I just held him for a whle. He was resting his head on my shoulder and he suddenly picked it up and grabbed my face with his two little hands and kissed me three times on my nose. He just started giving me (and only me) kisses with his lips a few days ago. It was so sweet I just started to cry. He said "no cry." I stopped crying and starting singing him his "I love Nathaniel" song that I have sung to him since he was born.

To the tune of "Frere Jaques"
I love Nathaniel, I love Nathaniel,
Yes I do. Yes I do.
He is my so big boy. He is my so big boy,
I love you. Yes I do.

When I had finished singing it, he looked up at me and said in his perfectly sweet voice "lul loo too." My heart just melted. Any hardships I face will be easier because I have that sweet little boy in my life. God has truly blessed me more than I ever deserved to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment