Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Today just bites

Here is a poem that describes how I feel. An e-friend found it and posted it. I don't know who the author is, but it really spoke to me. (except for the daughters part. Replace it with son and it's me.)

The Two-Faced Woman:

A wink, a nod, "I'm fine," I say,
To people as they walk past.
But inside my heart is torn to shreds,
My smile is just a mask.


I'll sit and chat, maybe share a joke,
Or at least I'll really try.
But my genuine friends see through the smoke,
My empty eyes cannot lie.


At home I weep, feel down in despair,
My feelings I cannot hide.
From husband, daughter, baby girl,
I'm afraid they're along for the ride.


Those waves of grief, they still hit hard,
And knock me off my feet.
I'm comforted, though, by their tender touch,
My daughters turn the bitter to sweet.


My babies now have Angel Wings,
In heaven they play and rest.
But in my heart I have their love,
And for that, I'm eternally blessed.


Yes, I'm the two-faced woman,
It's a job that I have to do.
To get on in life without my babies,
Day, week, and whole year through.

1 comment:

  1. Joi, I am sorry for you disappointment. I don't know what a chemical pregnancy is, but I do know your pain and loss are real and it's ok to have a breakdown~as long as you pick yourself up when it's over and keep being a great mommy to Nathaniel!
    Love, Barb

    ReplyDelete