Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Not Happy About This

So I called my OB's office to see if they had made an appointment for me at the high risk OB's office yet. You know, the docs that are in Orland, which is closer than going to see my regular doctor. The ones that I was hoping would eliver at Christ, since it's so close.

Nope. Not only that, but they told me today that I have to go to the University of Chicago for my appointments. Can is just say how scared that makes me? Like something is going to go really drastically wrong?

I also hate driving into the city. I need Pat to come with me at least the first time. I have no idea where I'm going, how to get there, where to park, how to find the offices, nothing. So much for keeping my blood pressure under control.

Not only am I worried that something must be really wrong, but I have to go somewhere I have no idea how to get to! The nurse says "Oh, just take the Stevenson." OK, they have numbers for a reason!!! I know the numbers, not the names.

I am sure that everything will be ok, but I am getting more and more doubtful about seeing any doctors before Thanksgiving. I so wanted to tell everyone then. I can wait, because fear is a strong motivator.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this. When is your appt? I could maybe drive with you - I love driving into the City! Are you going to U of C or UIC?

    ReplyDelete