Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust

Cross another goal off the list! Number 95. I went to the eye doctor today. Got some great news, too. No signs of any diabetic issues. I am so relieved. I was really afraid that he was going to tell me I'd be blind in two years.

As we were going to the eye doctor, I told Pat that not living to see Nathaniel grow up would be bad, but not seeing him grow up would be much more torturous. (Is that even a word?) Anyway, I just have to keep my blood sugar in check and there shouldn't be any issues untl I am much older.

The doc also noted that my vision hasn't changed much at all since I was in last. Apparently, that was before I got married... so yeah, it's been 3 years since my last check up. It went 3 years on 1 box of disposable contacts. Not bad... Guess I really am cheap. These will last even longer, since I bought a year's worth and both eyes have the same prescription. I guess I can go about 6 years without seeing the doctor, right?

Anyway, I am happy to cross another goal off the list and happier still that it was good news.

1 comment:

  1. Man, you are KILLING your list! I'd better get crackin' to catch up! ;)

    Great news from the eye doctor. Yay!

    ReplyDelete