Monday, April 4, 2011

A Sense of Hope

Maybe it was the weather yesterday.

Maybe it was going to church and hearing about burning the negative thoughts to get rid of them. (paraphrasing- Nathaniel was being a toddler and I was focusing on both.)

Maybe it was knowing that my nearly perfect (on a good day) hubby wouldn't be able to come up with ten things he loves about himself.

Maybe it was seeing a friend who is deliriously happy and obviously so in love with her hubby.

I feel a new sense of hope today. I looked in the mirror after finishing my make up (only 3 more days, but I am getting used to it so I may continue) and thought, "Wow, I look pretty." I ate a full bar for breakfast this morning (since that maxes out the carbs for me per meal) and just finished another one before I eat my lunch- which is a salad by the way. It's gloomy as heck outside right now, but I still feel positive.

I still think I will reschedule my doctor's appointment for May, so that when I know I will need a break I can take one. Why waste a day of Spring Break on that? OK, and honestly, so I can get my A1c a little lower and lose a few pounds. Wouldn't that be awesome?

No comments:

Post a Comment