Thursday, April 28, 2011

Getting the Band Back Together

OK, well I've been off work for a week now (really? Is that all it's been?) and I've enjoyed every mooment of it... even when I had no idea what day it was or when we went out to dinner the same day we went out for breakfast- oops!

But, being off always throws my best of intentions out the window. I have not been eating well since Sunday and I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I know that I have to get myself and my shit back together and back to Atkins. I know that I am stronger than I think I am. I want so badly to succeed, and I know that I can. I just have to cut the shit and do it. I went grocery shopping today so that I can be successful. I know there are breakfast, lunch, and dinner items in the fridge and freezer (not to mention snacks), so there are no more excuses.

I have made a list of rewards that I will give myself. For making it 3 weeks through the induction part, I get a new pair of sandals. For making it 2 weeks after that, I get a mani-pedi. For going 3 more weeks (which would make it just about 2 months) I get a massage. I scheduled one for Pat for tomorrow, so seeing how much he'll like it will definitely motivate me. Plus, that should work ot to be the week before Nathaniel's birthday, so it will be perfect timing stress wise.

Please note that none of my rewards are based on weight loss, just on time and commitment. I think that rewarding myself this way will be a great experience for me, since I had always tried to plan rewards around the amount I lost. When I never got to that particular weight loss, (even if I had done my best) I would give up. Since this will be measuring time, which MUST pass us by, I can treat myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment