Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Another Victory For Me!!

Tonight, Pat and I went out to dinner with his sister. I was really scared, as it's only been 3 days since I started Atkins, and we were going to an awesome BBQ place. On the way to the restaurant, I was crying in the car because I was so afraid I was going to "slip" or "be bad." I hate that food has this power over me.

We waited a little bit for Pat's sister, and while we waited, Pat ordered chicken wings (which I love and can't have) and cheese sticks (which I LOVE and can't have.) I told him that it was ok, since I knew I would have to face situations that made me uncomfortable sooner or later, even though he had reservations about it. I managed to not eat any of the wings or cheese sticks, and was quite happy with that. Then it was time to order dinner.

Now, I love the BBQ at The Pit. I usually order the platter so that I can eat it for 2 days. The sauce there is so incredible, I always pour more on my leftovers, so that they soak up the sauce overnight. I poured over the menu to see what I could have. I had a salad and grecian sausages. The salad was huge! I ended up eating most of it and one of the three sausages. They were covered in greeen peppers and onions and so good! I was really wanting to eat some on Nathaniel's fries, and one almost found its way to my mouth, but I said "NO!" It just didn't seem worth it to me.

So, not only did I have all my veggies today, but I was able to go out for dinner and enjoy a dinner out without eating the garbage that made me the way I am trying to change. (I also managed not to get potato chips or reese's when I stopped at Walgreen's this morning. I didn't stop at the dunkin donuts either, for hash browns or a donut. :)

I keep hearing how the cravings will diminish, but until then I will keep fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment