Saturday, April 30, 2011

29 and 86 are done!

So, I have completed 2 more things on my 101 things to do in 1,001 days (aka day zero project). I did number 29, which was send myself flowers at work. I sent myself a Mother's Day bouquet from Nathaniel. I figure, Pat won't remember to, and I buy all the presents to and from people anyway, so I might as well take care of myself. I will post a picture when I get them.

I also completed number 86, fly a kite. Pat and I took Nathaniel to the school's field and we flew his turtle kite. (He got it from the Easter Bunny in his basket.) Well, Nathaniel ran around the field yelling "Turtle! Turtle!" I wish I had taken my camera. I had thought to go and get it, but I wanted to see how Nathaniel would do holding it on his own. I put the spool into his hands and he did great... for about 3 seconds. Then he opened his hand.

Let's just say that our neighbors down the street now have a turtle in their tree. It must have been quite the picture though. Me running after a turtle that was climbing higher and higher into the sky, with a little boy running behind me yelling "Turtle!" I can only imagine what that looked like to the neighbors we met whilst running after it. But, at least we met some more of our neighbors (and one is of babysitting age and took a babysitting class!)

And on a completely unrelated note, I ordered Nathaniel's birthday present. I went with the little tikes outdoor climber and rock wall. He will have a blast!

1 comment: