Sunday, June 19, 2011

Another One Done... Sort Of.

I finished another one of the things on my 101 things to do in 1001 days. I went on a picnic with Nathaniel today... sort of. I went to the cemetary to visit my dad's grave. I always take two white roses when I go visit. One from me and one from Nathaniel. I took them, but picked up lunch for the two of us too. Afterall, it was nearly 11:30 when we got there, and that's Nathaniel's lunch time.

Anyway, we sat down at my dad's gravesite. I sat and talked to my dad for a whil. all the time feeding Nathaniel his hot dog and applesauce. (He happily shared the applesauce with his Bumpa, spilling it all over the grass.)

But it was really hard to be there. I just want to know if my dad would be proud of me, and proud of Nathaniel (who showed off his counting skills. He can count to 11.) I cried, hoping that Dad is proud of me, because it's so unfair that Nathaniel got so little time with him.

Nathaniel was also fascinated by all the flags. There is a flag attached to the American Legion marker next to dad's grave. Nathaniel asked what it was, and I told him. He decided to look for more, and, since Dad's buried in the Veteran's section of the cemetary, there were quite a few. I kept hearing "another one flag, Mama. Another one flag."

So now, after eating lunch in the grass with the bugs, and getting applesauce everywhere, I can cross of "Go On a Picnic" from my list. I think that makes 14 things done, but I have to double check.

No comments:

Post a Comment