Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Great Adventure Is About To Begin

In a week, my son should be potty trained. We are using the method "3 day potty training" from Lora Jensen at www.3daypottytraining.com. I am terrified, excited and sad. Terrified that he will never get it. Excited that this time has come. And sad, because he won't be a baby anymore.

I know that there are so many things that will change while we are getting it right. We will be restricted on what we can do and where we can go. But I know that we can commit to doing this and doing it right.

We have 30 pairs of underwear, which is what is recommended, plus the potty chair. I have read the book and methodology behind this program and I could begin tomorrow, except that we have some plans for the week. On Tuesday, Mom, Aunt Denise, Nathaniel and I (and maybe Pat) are going to Michigan City for the day. Then on Thursday, I am helping mom look for apartments. SO we will start on Friday.

On a kind of related note, a very dear friend of mine is about a week away from having her first child. I feel as if she and I are on opposite ends of the mommyhood spectrum, when in reality, our children will only be two years apart. It makes me feel kind of alienated from everyone else I know, since I am not close to anyone else that has young children. I mean, I know a few others, but I am not close to them. I don't know if my crying is normal or if I am just psychotic. Maybe both?

But, I really do feel all alone. I love my child more than anyone on the planet, and always will. I was just hoping that after having him my other friends and I would get closer. We take Nathaniel everywhere, and we can go places on the drop of a hat (usually) but we never go anywhere or do anything. It makes me feel bad for him. Pat has friends that have 2 year olds, but the other moms and I have very little in common and they are much younger than I am.

What I am looking forward to is sex. (I giggled a little typing that.) We are clear to go ahead and try again. Part of me hopes that this is it, and part of me hopes not. I just so miss being pregnant (and it's been nearly 2 years!). I am, however, leaving it up to God's will. I am going to start temping (taking your temperature first thing in the morning to determine when ovlation is). I will start doing that on my next cycle if I don't get pregnant this cycle. So a lot to look forward to in the next few weeks.

New big boys, new babies, and hopefully, new (healthy) pregnancies.

No comments:

Post a Comment