Friday, June 10, 2011

Today Was a Long Day

So, we started potty training Nathaniel today. Some parts were easier than I had anticipated, others were not. Now, this method calls for calm patience and spotting the moment he starts to pee. Well, that is nearly impossible to do when he sits in a high chair for meals.

I also was getting frustrated. But not at him, at Pat. I was hoping that he's be more helpful but he was really a hinderance. Mostly when spotting when he started peeing.

But, Nathaniel used the toilet twice today and I was very proud. We did make a big deal out of it and showed him how proud we were.

I have to go get him up in a little bit to go try again for him to pee. I know that he won't stay dry through the night (He wasn't dry during naptime.) But we will keep trying. 13 pairs of underpants later, I am finally getting a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment